Preference is given to graduates of training programs in psychology approved by the American Psychological Association who will have completed or are currently completing pre-doctoral clinical internships accredited by that organization. Applicants are expected to have completed their doctoral program requirements prior to beginning the fellowship program. The application deadline is the first Friday in January each year.
Application materials should include:
- A letter of intent expressing specific interest in neuropsychology and outlining training in support of applicant qualifications for the position
- Three letters of recommendation from individual who can speak to skills and competencies as a clinician and assessor
- A copy of the applicant’s current Curriculum Vita
- A list of the tests that the applicant is trained to administer
- Two redacted work samples/reports
- Official transcript
It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure the training director receive all required material prior to the deadline. Interviews will be arranged after initial screening of applications. All applications are reviewed by Sutter Medical Foundation recruitment, and hiring managers to compare and discuss applicant background in order to identify appropriately qualified applicants and clarify goodness of fit.
Qualified applicants are invited to be interviewed to determine goodness of fit for the program’s training model and its goals and objectives. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored visa or a student visa.
The fellowship participates in the NMS match program (APPIC Program Member); however, exemption from match due to neuropsychology specialty means that pre-emptive offers may be made prior to match.