About the Program
The newly graduated nurse or Re-Entry professional nurse will be prepared to participate in team delivered quality patient care at the conclusion of orientation. The nurse will have the ability to coordinate patient care using an integrated patient care delivery approach that addresses the continuum of care.
The goals of this program are to:
- Initiate the first steps of differentiated nursing practice at MMC. (Enables the new nurse to more effectively apply skills, education, knowledge, and experience to specific RN roles.)
- Provide added support and education during the residency program.
- Promote intrafacility and collaborative integration of patient services through visitation to various ancillary departments.
- Assure entry-level clinical competency.
- Preceptors provide support as RN role models.
- Enhance job satisfaction.