Participation in research with the goal of publication or presentation is integral to the program. Opportunities are available to participate in clinical research as well as quality improvement programs. At any given time, we are actively participating in at least 2-3 clinical research studies. Research opportunities also exist to collaborate with the division of cardiology as well as other transplant programs within the department of transplantation.
Examples of Current Trials
- GUIDE HF – Hemodynamic – GUIDEd Management of Heart
Randomized trial of remote hemodynamic monitoring in treating chronic heart failure.
- CardiAMP – Randomized trial of stem cell therapy in heart failure
- SHORE – Surveillance HeartCare Outcomes Registry, randomized trial of gene expression profiling vs. heart biopsy in the first year after transplant.
Recently Completed Trials
- MOMENTUM 3 – Trial of a fully magnetically levitated LVAD (Heartmate 3), pivotal trial and continuing access protocol.
- CardioMEMS Post Approval Study
- GALACTIC – HF – Trial of Omecamtiv Mecarbil in Chronic Heart Failure with Reduced ejection fraction.
- INTELLECT-2 – Utilization of CardioMEMS in the management of LVAD patients.
In addition, the heart failure program collaborates on clinical trials with other departments within the division of Cardiology such as Structural Heart disease.