Goals and Objectives
Our mission statement guides the goals and objectives of Sutter Health’s Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs. Graduates of our residency and fellowship programs will:
- Gain proficiency in clinical skills and medical knowledge to provide safe, equitable and compassionate care to patients of any age and background.
- Develop the knowledge and leadership skills to effectively advocate for their patients.
- Become adept at skills needed to become resilient and maximize their own well-being.
- Attain excellent communication and professional skills to foster competent and collaborative team members, leaders, colleagues and physicians.
- Obtain lifelong learning skills to help provide quality patient care over the course of a successful, sustained career.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment
Sutter Health GME values all people and seek to end inequities in healthcare. Our residency and fellowship programs are committed to upholding a culturally diverse and inclusive environment across their program leadership, faculty, residents and fellows. Our leadership and faculty have diverse backgrounds, helping ensure they foster unique experiences that will help shape the culture of the training programs and empower residents and fellows to reach their full potential. Our programs are committed to recruiting, selecting and retaining trainees from diverse backgrounds.