We do not accept mailed, faxed, e-mailed or in-person applications. Only applications submitted through ERAS will be accepted.
PGY1 applications will be accepted only through ERAS beginning September 15th through December 1st. Complete applications will be reviewed and considered for positions and should include:
- Personal Statement
- USMLE or COMLEX Step I Score
- Official Transcript
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- In some instances a decision may not be made until the following is also included in the application:
- Dean’s Letter
- Note - Each track has its own NRMP code
- FamilyMed Sacramento- 1135120C0
- FamilyMed Davis- 1135120C1
- FamilyMed Amador- 1135120C2
Residency Appointment Eligibility
- A graduate of a United States or Canadian Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accredited medical school, OR
- A graduate of an American or Canadian Osteopathic Association accredited medical school OR
- A graduate of a medical school outside of the United States must be ECFMG certified, please see below for more details.
- Contingent upon demonstrating successful completion of USMLE (Step 1 and Step 2 CK by the 2nd attempt) or COMLEX (Level 1 and Level 2 CE by the 2nd attempt) examinations. Scores must be received by January 31st.
International Medical Graduates
Effective January 1, 2020, the Medical Board of California will no longer issue Postgraduate Training Authorization Letters (PTAL) to International Medical School Graduates. Therefore, it is not a requirement to apply to our program. To qualify, the medical school needs to be recognized by the Medical Board of California, please visit their website.
US Citizen or Permanent Resident - Visas are not sponsored.